One to One Counselling and Psychotherapy in Marbella, SpainDuring our lifetimes we all face difficult situations that are hard to deal with, that is why we sometimes need help. Professional psychological counselling will give you the opportunity to research your situation in life and see the possible options to improve it in an appropriate way for you. In psychological counselling and psychotherapy every effort is made to create a special area for secure, non-judgmental and thoughtful in the client-counselor relationship. You always have priority in these sessions for your feelings, experiences and reflections on the difficulties that you are experiencing. Depending on your goals and your expectations, counselling take different forms - from finding solutions to certain specific problems to going under deeper research for dealing with painful issues from your past or present, allowing you to pave the way for your desired future. The primary duty of the therapist is to provide assistance in achieving your goals in an ethical manner and with absolute confidentiality.
I am a qualified counselling psychologist - Vera Butunas, practicing in Marbella (Andalucia, Costa del Sol, Malaga, Spain), specializing in face-to-face therapy with adults and adolescents from 15 years old.
I work in existential-phenomenological approach, which is based on existential philosophy (S.Kierkegaard, E.Husserl, M. Heidegger, J.P.Sartre and etc.) and involves a descriptive conversation in encounter of two people.
My Diploma in Psychology Degree I've achieved in 2007 in Russia, which was followed by a retraining course for psychological counselling:
- Moscow Institute of Psychology, Specialist Diploma in Psychology Teaching
- Dalnevostochniy Institute of Psychology and Psychoanalysis, Professional Retraining "Psychological Counselling"
During the las 10 years a few long term programmes in existential counselling and psychotherapy, more than 200 hours of my own personal therapy and professional supervisions on regular basis have helped me to become a therapist:
- Institute of Humanistic and Existential Psychology HEPI (Lithuania), Programme "Introduction to Dasein-Analysis", Dr. Alice Holzhey -Kunz (Switzerland)
- Institute of Humanistic and Existential Psychology HEPI (Lithuania), Programme "Existential Therapy"
- EEAET,Birstonas (Lithuania), Seminar "Emotions in Psychotherapy and Life: Existential Perspectives and Possibilities", Dr.Erik Craig (USA)
- EEAET, Birstonas (Lithuania), Seminar "Basic Principles of Existential Therapy", Prof. Ernesto Spinelli (Great Britain)
- EEAET, Birstonas (Lithuania), Seminar "Happiness, Habits and Harm: Existential Responses to Addiction Problems", Christopher Wurm, PhD (Australia)
- Saint-Petersburg State University, programme "Solution Focused Therapy" , A.M.Yalov, PhD
Membership in professional associations:
Psychological therapy sessions can give a great opportunity to explore many different aspects of life experience from personal development to conditions like anxiety, depression or relationship difficulties. Individual counselling and psychotherapy can help you with:
- Low self-esteem, Personal growth
- Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Panic Attacks
- Trauma, Post Traumatic-Stress Disorder
- Domestic Violence, Sexual Abuse Recovery
- Relationship Issues, Parenting Difficulties
- Overwhelming Emotion, Fears, Phobias
- Loss, Bereavement and Illness